Turn from evil and do good; seek peace and pursue it.

Psalm 34:14

A Brief History

Picture054_1

St. John’s Lutheran Church began in the summer of 1898 when Pastor Ernest Walter and his family were called to Bennington to establish a new Church.  Pastor Walter’s work prospered and by the fall of that year enough money was raised to begin building both the Church and a parsonage.

In the early 1960’s, a larger Church was needed and in January 1962 a ground-breaking ceremony was held to begin construcion on that new Church, the one we worship in today.  The construction was completed and the new Church building was dedicated the following December.  Then in 1975, a Fellowship Hall, kitchen, and Sunday School classrooms were added as God continued to prosper this Church.